Unemployment in Alabama
If you are a resident from Alabama and lose your job then you can file for unemployment in Alabama to the Alabama Department of Labor.
This Unemployment Compensation Division will give you financial assistance if you lose your job and prove no-fault on your job separation.
If you are new to the unemployment file claim then please read this post carefully and know what actually required and what is the procedure to file for unemployment in Alabama?
What are the Eligibility Criteria to file for unemployment in Alabama?
- Employment History and Status
- Monetary Requirements
Required Documentation to file for unemployment in Alabama
- Social Security number.
- driver’s license or state ID.
- Work history (last 18 months)
- employers’ business names
- telephone numbers
- employment dates
- Documents for
- Any federal civilian employment
- military service
- work performed in another state in the past 18 months.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States
- provide alien registration card
- work authorization.
- bank account
- routing number
- checking or savings account number.
- A telephone number
How to file for unemployment in Alabama?
- To file for unemployment in Alabama, visit the www.labor.alabama.gov
- Choose an unemployment option from the menu
- Now choose the first option File a Claim
- Now choose the first option Establish a New or Reopen a UC Claim
- Then continue the process
- Read all information carefully and click on proceed
- Now here you can see the login page
- Enter required details
- And complete your process
Note: claims accept by website from Sunday at 12:01 am through Friday at 5 pm
How to file for unemployment in Alabama by Telephone
Note: mobile phones are not recommended and “call Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM (Central Time).”
- To file for unemployment in Alabama by telephone call the toll-free number: 1-866-2-FILE UC (1-866-234-5382) by touch-tone telephone
- Give an answer to the questions
- Now call will be transferred to a claims specialist
- On completion ask for assistance to the Call Center Inquiry Line (800-361-4524) for your monetary determination or go to the www.labor.alabama.gov
what day does unemployment pay in Alabama
If you qualify then you will minimum of $45 up to a maximum of $275 in your bank account or in an AL Vantage Prepaid Benefits Card according to your last earnings.